OPEN CALL FOR ARTIST
Promotor y responsable del tratamiento: Big Leaguers Enterteiment S.L.
9JA Custom label design & artwork
9JA energy drink proposes to you on giving a free rein to your imagination, that is why it calls on artists, designers, illustrators and creatives to carry out a graphic intervention on its limited edition packaging for our energy drink. This call is open to multidisciplinary artists from around the world, with the purpose of uniting the fine arts and urban visual art forms, at the same time it will provide the opportunity to make emerging and middle-aged artists visible.
About 9JA Energy Drink.
Like almost everything in life, it all starts with a simple idea … Well, we are not the first to launch an energy drink, but it should not be another drink among many, so we wanted to give it a very special touch. Our intention is to create a unique, authentic and distinctive brand. which reflects the pride,
strength and elegance of the Nigerian people. This is how 9JA energy drink is born from values inspired by cultural diversity and progress.
LET’S BE HONEST…
OBVIOUSLY, IT CAN’T MAKE YOU FLY.
DEFINITELY YOU WILL NOT TURN INTO A BEAST.
AND YOU PROBABLY WON’T BECOME A ROCK STAR.
SO WHAT? STAY THE WAY YOU ARE AND JUST GIVE IT A TRY!
ONE OF TWO THINGS CAN HAPPEN, EITHER YOU LIKE IT OR YOU LOVE IT.
To know more about 9ja visit our page www.9jaenergy.com
About the label
our idea is to consider the label as a canvas for the illustrator. The art must be related or inspired by the drink itself as well as the values of the brand. The three best illustrative works will be considered as part of the official launch at the market, in the following versions; classic and two more works that reflect this values: diversity and progress. The elements that the artist must consider in his creative process are:
- The official logo of the 9ja energy drink brand.
- The Slim Alu can packaging – 250ml.
- The proposals that include the correlation of the design with a flavor (free to propose) will be valued.
The work of the selected participants will be published on the drink label, on the 9JA energy drink website and on its social media channels. Your name or signature will be printed on each 9JA energy drink can with your artwork, during the limited edition.
- The artists who apply to this call must do so individually and have the following criteria; They must be
over 18 years old and identify themselves as artists or designers through social media, portfolio or
1. You can register by visiting the web http://www.bigleaguersentertainment.com/, to download the bases
and graphic support material, fill out the participant form and send us your proposal.
2. Registration period and submission of proposals: April 10 to August 2, 2020.
In addition, the chosen participants must accept the following requirements:
- Work in collaboration with Big Leaguers Entertaiment S.L. in the final design of the artwork, ifnecessary.
- Sign a written contract, which details the rights and responsibilities of each part.
- Successfully meet the criteria of this artist call, the label production schedule (developed accordingly with 9JA Energy Drink) and the expectations established in the contract.
- Express desire to create artwork for and in the public realm .
- Be willing to participate in projects organized by Big Leaguers Entertainment, such as video interviews;
For promotional purposes, on social media, the website, and other 9ja energy drink (@9jaenergy) as well
as Big Leaguers Entertainment and all social media posts related to brand label design.
- Provide a short biography (50 words or less), a photograph of the artist in .pdf format, suitable for print, and a brief description of the label’s inspiration (150 words or less).
This information will also be used for
9JA energy drink media opportunities and to promote the drink and the artist on social media and on the company’s website.
Final artwork designs may also be used in 9JA energy drink merchandising.
This call will be ongoing from its publication date until August 2, 2020. Once the proposals are submitted, they will be reviewed by the selection committee. The selected artists will be chosen based on their ability to meet the application criteria and reflect the concepts of our brand as well as the adaptation to
the label / packaging format. All participants will be notified once the committee issues its selected ones. The winners will be notified,
however their name will not be announced until they have completed all legal and technical requirementsin order for the limited edition drink to be ready for launch.
Final delivery requirements
The proposal must be original, created especially for the drink. The illustration must be send in .jpg, pngformat using the following image as a base.which you can download inhttp://www.bigleaguersentertainment.com
Once the winning artwork is selected, the artists will be provided with an official AI template. to adapt itsdesign and proced to the printing fase.
The selected artists will receive € 200 (including taxes) upon submission of an invoice for final artwork received.
Submission criteria (participation form)
1. Dossier with the narrative of the artistic proposal (500 words or less) or an explanation of the artistic
proposal and the technique / materials used and how its illustration is particularly suitable for 9JA Energy Drink.
2. Artist biography.
3. Website / Online Portfolio, showcasing, examples of artwork, design and illustration.
4. If you do not have an online portfolio, attach any combination of work samples to sufficiently support your proposal. If uploading files, please include your last name in the file name, up to 5 jpeg images (no larger than 2MB each) or Worklist (PDF) with descriptive titles.
5. Send it through the participant form that you will find on the web
http://www.bigleaguersentertainment.com/ or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
before August 2, 2020.